We employ the classic double-blind peer review process.
- All manuscripts received are blinded and assigned a tracking number.
- Manuscript is electronically sent to at least 3 referees for review.
- Referees are professional scholars in the disciplines of social and behavioral health sciences, health policy, epidemiology, psychology, and other areas of public health.
- Referees evaluate the manuscript according to established criteria on an evaluation form.
- The Senior Consulting Editor transmits reviewer evaluations and comments to the corresponding author.
- Final disposition of the manuscript rests with the Senior Consulting Editor.
Currently, we are averaging about 45 days from receipt to determining status of manuscript. The acceptance rate of manuscripts is approximately 31%.