- Manuscript submission- no fee
- Publication fee (mandatory)- $525
- Online Open Access fee (optional)- $500
- Tables and figures:
- Up to 6 tables/figures- no fee
- For more than 6 tables/figures- see below for pricing
- Supplementary materials/appendices:
- Up to 6 pages, double-spaced, in Word file- no fee
- For more than 6 pages, double-spaced- see below for pricing
Manuscript Submission Fee
We do not charge any submission fees.
One-time Publication Fee Per Accepted Article
Should your manuscript be accepted for publication, there will be a one-time publication fee of $525. This fee includes orchestrating the vetting, editing and archiving of manuscripts. Fee also includes typesetting of tables, figures, and/or appendices. The fee is non-negotiable.
When we receive corrected proofs and payment, you will receive a clean PDF copy for immediate professional use. In addition, your article will appear online for access by journal subscribers and those who wish to purchase a copy.
Online Open Access Fee Per Accepted Article
We are a hybrid online Open Access journal. Open Access refers to scholarly journals that are available online, free of charge to the reader; without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself. Open Access increases author citation and usage as research has shown that Open Access articles are viewed and cited more often than articles only available to subscribers.
Authors who purchase the Open Access option retain the copyright to their article and may distribute the article however they wish, including posting to personal and institutional websites and Social Science Networks such as ResearchGate. Moreover, for authors eligible for PubMed Central (PMC) will have the 1-year embargo lifted immediately with the Open Access option.
The Open Access fee is $500 per article, which is added to the mandatory one-time, publication fee fee of $525. Thus, there is a total of $1025 for a paper published under the Open Access option.
For further information contact the journal offices.
Fees for Additional Tables and Figures
- Per Author Guidelines: 6 tables and/or figures (any combined number adding to 6)- no fee
- Between 7-9 combined total tables and figures – $275
- Between 10-12 combined total tables and figures – $425
- Total tables and figures beyond 12 are not acceptable.
Fees for Additional Supplementary Materials/Appendices
- Per Author Guidelines: Up to 6, double-spaced pages of supplementary materials/appendices in total- no fee
- Between 7-12, double-spaced pages – $275
- Between 13-18, double-spaced pages- $425
- Total supplementary materials beyond 18, double-spaced pages not acceptable.
Options to excessive materials
We encourage authors to reduce the number of tables, figures, supplementary materials, and appendices to the amount provided in the Author Guidelines. If this is not possible and authors are not able to address the fees for excessive materials, other options include:
- Provide a link in the paper that directs readers to the materials on your own website (no fees)
- Provide instructions to readers to email the author if they wish to secure copies of additional materials (no fees)
Special Issue Fees
The cost for sponsoring a special issue is $2,000 per article in the issue. If Open Access is requested there is an additional fee of $200 per article. If you would like to sponsor a special issue, contact the journal offices.
If you require assistance with English, grammatical, and stylistic editing for your manuscript, we can recommend a copyediting service. For additional information please click here.
Request to Use Tables or Figures by Non-Authors
If you would like to request permission to reproduce tables or figures published in Health Behavior and Policy Review and you are NOT the author of the article, please contact the journal offices.